Developers continue to refine dry powder formulations and the inhalers that will be used to deliver them. The result is dry powder inhalers capable of delivering therapeutic drugs reliably and with minimal patient-to-patient delivery event variation. Several important trends are now evident in this sector. The first is the growing number of new (read NDA) DPI combination products featuring inhaler designs that have been engineered for the drug, therapy and patient population that they target. There has also been a definite tilt toward COPD, the indication specified in two-thirds of the clinical trials for URT initiated since 2013. And inhaled drugs for glycemic control, a market that evaporated with the withdrawal of Exubera, are showing signs of life.
Dry Powder Inhalers to 2022 Report Prospectus (Download PDF)
Dry Powder Inhalers to 2022 Report Order Form (Download PDF)
What You Will Learn
• What inhalable drugs are supplied in powder form, how are they marketed, what are the device specifics, and who markets them?
• What inhalable dry powder drugs are in late stage development, who are the developers, and what indications are they targeting?
• What are the major factors driving inhaled dry powder drug/device demand?
• What is the size of the market today, who are the market share leaders, and what will the market share be in 2022?
• How important are drug developer-device manufacturer relationships and what are the key alliances in the industry?
• What are the essential design factors, material selection issues, technologies and market development issues for dry powder inhalation products?
• What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the market for dry powder inhalers?
Summary of Contents
Inhaled Drug Delivery Market Dynamics
Devices and Formulations
Market Segments and Indications
Established Therapeutic Targets
Demographics and Growth
Dry Powder Inhalation Technology
Dry Powder Formulations
Dry Powder Particle Technology & Powder Engineering
Dry Powder Processing
Dry Powder Packaging
Dry Powder Inhalers
DPI Device Characteristics
DPI Design Parameters
Commercial DPI Device Design Factors
Dose Form and Capacity
Electronics and Patient-friendly Features
DPI Device Formulation Factors
Bulk Reservoir Designs
Blister Pack/Cartridge Designs
Drug Capsule Designs
Fixed Substrate Designs
Emerging Device Designs
DPI Product Assessments and Analysis
Branded Drug Inhalers
Generic DPI Inhalers
Combination Drug Inhalers
Therapeutic Market Analysis, Market Data and Forecasts
Other Systemic Markets
Clinical Trial Endpoints