|Syringes that can be prefilled on standard fill-and-finish lines have had a dramatic effect on the way injectable drugs are developed, prescribed and administered. This impact has been accelerated by the introduction and evolution of autoinjectors – devices that are designed to accept a standard prefilled syringe and form an outer user-friendly device package that simplifies the injection process. Autoinjectors enable a significantly larger segment of the patient population to self-administer injectables. This report analyzes eleven important therapeutic segments and examines the impact of autoinjectors on injectable drug markets.||
Autoinjectors Report Brochure (Download PDF)
Autoinjectors Report Order Form (Download PDF)
Autoinjectors to 2024 – What You Will Learn
• What autoinjectors can be paired with prefilled syringes for injectable drug delivery; what are the key market segments, market dynamics and market demographics?
• What are the therapeutic demand drivers and commercial devices in key product segments?
• What are the design factors, material selection issues, technologies and market development issues?
• How big is the market? How is it growing? What will it look like in 2024?
• Who are the leading injectable drug and device participants, their product development activities, business strategies, and corporate alliances and affiliations?
• What is the importance of pharma-device alliances and design partnerships on autoinjector commercialization and market access?
• What is the impact of wirelessly connected autoinjectors on patient care and market growth?
• What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the market for autoinjectors?
Autoinjectors to 2024 – Summary of Contents
The Market Opportunity
Delivery Market Dynamics
The Economics of Injectable Drugs
What’s Driving the Growth in Autoinjectors?
Prefilled Devices Proliferating
The Trend toward Self-Administration
Innovation in Disposable Device Designs
Therapeutic Demand Drivers
Autoinjectors – Commercial Devices
Manual Injection Autoinjectors
Automated Injection Autoinjectors
Variable Dose Autoinjectors
Product Specific Autoinjectors
Autoinjector Device Design Factors
Material Selection Issues
Part Counts and Device Cost
Needle Insertion Depth
Dose Inspection/Injection Confirmation
Autoinjector Drug Delivery – Therapeutic Sector Analysis
Patient Compliance and Ease of Use