|In terms of formulation market share gains, lyophilized injectable drugs are the fastest growing drug formulation segment. From 1990 to 1998 the share of newly approved lyophilized drugs as a share of all injectable/infusible drugs was 11.9%. In 2011, it was 41% and in 2013, injectable/infusible drugs requiring reconstitution made up half of all new approvals. Because a significant number of these drugs are developed for self-administration, they present special challenges for developers. Dual chamber syringes & injectors – designed to simplify reconstitution without patient handling of drug or diluent – have become the mainstay delivery option for this class of drugs. As lyophilized injectables continue to increase in number and market share, dual chamber syringes and injectors will experience double-digit annual unit growth.||
Titles in this Series
What You Will Learn
• What are the currently marketed dual chamber syringes and injection devices and what is their impact on markets for therapeutic injectable lyophilized drugs?
• What are the therapeutic demand drivers for user-friendly point-of-use reconstitution devices and what specifically is the potential of dual chamber syringes and injector systems?
• What are the key dual chamber device selection factors, technologies and market development issues?
• What doses the current dual chamber device market look like, who are the market leaders, and what will this market look like in 2022?
• What companies supply dual chamber syringe and injector devices, and what are their product activities, business strategies, and corporate alliances and affiliations?
• How important are pharma-device alliances and design partnerships on dual chamber injection devices?
• What is the impact of economic, technology, and regulatory factors?
Summary of Contents
|Executive SummaryInjectable Drug Market Dynamics
Evolution in Device Design
The Dual Chamber Injection Device Ecosystem
Dual Chamber Cartridges
Dual Chamber Syringe & Injector Device Assessments
Therapeutic Segments – Market Data & Forecasts
Device Product Strategies