|For self-administration, adherence with drug therapy and disease management protocols has become a primary concern within the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries. For chronic conditions adherence has a direct effect on the patient’s quality-of-life. Wirelessly enabled devices – drug injection devices that are designed to address the patient adherence issue by reminding and recording data about patient dosing activity and making it available to HCPs – are gaining interest among industry and managed care participants. Efforts to enhance adherence have a non-negligible effect on drug formulations and delivery decisions, and are a significant factor in the prescribing decisions of most physicians. The connected device ecosystem includes OEM device suppliers, drug developers, human factors consultants and aftermarket third-party devices.|
Wirelessly Enabled Injection Devices to 2022 Report Brochure (Download PDF)
Wirelessly Enabled Injection Devices Report Order Form (Download PDF)
Wirelessly Enabled Injection Devices – What You Will Learn
• What drug injection devices incorporate wireless connectivity technology, how do they work and what new capabilities do they offer to patients and their HCPs?
• What benefits do wirelessly enabled drug injectors provide to patients in the area of improved adherence? Patient reported outcomes? HCP/patient communication?
• What therapeutic areas are the current focus of wirelessly enabled devices?
• Who are the companies behind the growth of wirelessly enabled injection devices? What are their development activities and corporate alliances and affiliations
• What is the importance of pharma-device alliances and design partnerships on wirelessly enabled drug injection device commercialization and market access?
• What does the current market for wirelessly enabled drug injection devices look like? What will it look like in 2022?
• What are the key market drivers for the growth of wirelessly enabled injection devices?
Wirelessly Enabled Injection Devices – Summary of Contents
Wireless Injection Devices – The Opportunity
Injectable Device Technology
The Growth of Self-Administration
The Rise in Home Healthcare
The Cost of Non-Adherence
Biological Injectables and Patient Safety
The Impact of Developing Economies
Near Field Communications
Wirelessly Enabled Device Classes
Non-drug Specific Connected Injectors
Automated Connected Injectors
Vendor-specific Connectivity Platforms
Third Party Connectivity Devices
Near-term Markets for Connected Injection Devices
HIPAA and Patient Privacy
Cybersecurity and Patient Safety