The past decade has seen a dramatic shift in terms of the types of approved injectable drugs, the diseases they target, and the devices used to deliver them. This shift has fostered change on several levels of the healthcare sector. The injectable drug segment has seen a marked increase in the level of drug/device integration, as prefilled syringes and specialized injection devices proliferate in response to safety and economic challenges posed by recombinant protein drugs, while administration of injectables has moved increasingly from practitioner offices and healthcare facilities to patient homes. This report examines the key therapeutic, product, market and regulatory factors for injectable drugs across ten major disease and therapeutic classes, providing essential insight and forecasts into the implications of this evolving landscape.
Injectable Drug Delivery Report (JDK543R) Prospectus (Download PDF)
Injectable Drug Delivery (JDK543R) Report Order Form (Download PDF)
What You Will Learn
• What injectable drugs are currently marketed, how are they administered, what are the device specifics, and who markets them?
• What are the injection device types that are driving the market? What is their market share and who are the leading suppliers?
• What new injection device classes have recently been launched and was is their probable impact going to be on the injectables sector?
• What does the injectable drugs supply chain consist of, who are the key suppliers, their manufacturing infrastructure and locations, their capabilities?
• What are the major factors driving injectable drug demand?
• How important are drug developer-device manufacturer relationships and what are the key alliances in the industry?
• What is the size & breakdown of the injectable drug market today? What will it look like in 2022?
Injectable Drug Delivery – Summary of Contents
Injectable Drug Market Dynamics
The Injectable Drug Ecosystem
Injectable Drug Demand Drivers
Drug Development Factors
Risks and Opportunities
Injectable Drug-Device Selection Criteria
Stability and Material Selection Issues
Single vs Multi-Dose Devices
Syringe Safety/Sharps Protection
Needle Configuration Strategies
Disposable Drug Cartridges
Injectable Drug Delivery – Device Segments
Autoinjector-specific Selection Factors
Autoinjector Device Categories
Drugs and Therapeutic Segments
Needle-free Injector-specific Selection Factors
Pen Injector Device Categories
Branded Drug/Pen Injector Product by Segment
Prefilled Syringe Device Categories
Glass Prefilled Syringes
Plastic Prefilled Syringes
Prefillable Integrated Safety Syringes
Non-Prefillable Integrated Safety Syringes
Subcutaneous Infusion Devices
Injectable Drug Delivery – Therapeutic Segment Analysis & Forecasts
Injectable Drug Therapeutics – Market Factors
Regulatory Factors and Issues
Managed Care & Healthcare Economics