As the number of patients diagnosed with diabetes continues to climb worldwide, drug developers and researchers are attempting for find more effective ways to control glucose levels, particularly for Type 2 diabetics. These efforts have led to a growing list of GLP-1 agonists and DPP-4 inhibitors that have been approved or are in late stage clinical development. New medicines based on novel therapeutic moieties and potentially unique benefits are attracting attention and research investment. The result is an evolving therapeutic landscape that is providing clinicians and patients with new ways to manage their diabetes. For market participants, product positioning and prescriber training will become increasingly important as competitive threats remain fluid.
Next-Generation Glycemic Control Therapeutics Report Prospectus (Download PDF Report Brochure)
Next-Generation Glycemic Control Therapeutics Report Order Form (Download PDF Report Order Form)
• What therapeutic drugs are currently marketed for glycemic control, how are they administered, who markets them, and what is the size of the global market?
• What are the important factors in patient self-administration of glycemic drugs, what are the current prescribing trends, and what are the key factors influencing demand?
• What are the regional factors affecting market size and demand?
• What are the new classes of drugs that are entering the market for treating diabetes, what is their market share and what are their growth prospects?
• What drugs are expected to enter the market in the next five years, and what will be their probable impact on the overall market?
• What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the market for glycemic control therapeutics?
Summary of Contents
|Executive SummaryThe Market Opportunity
Glycemic Control Market Dynamics
What’s Driving the Market?
Therapeutic Demand Drivers
Risk FactorsApproved Next-Generation Therapeutics
Sodium-Glucose Co-transporter 2 (SGLT2) InhibitorsDevelopment-stage Glycemic Control Products
Dual Therapy Drugs
Glucagon Receptor Antagonist
Market Data and Forecasts