The ability to formulate injectable drugs to increase the duration of efficacy for a given dose and simultaneously reduce the dosing frequency addresses several important health care issues. Less frequent dosing is believed to improve patient safety, reduce the incidence of injection site complications and improve compliance with drug protocols. Sustained release formulations mitigate the bolus effect at the time of injection, and thus have a salutary influence on drug side effects. All of these advantages, along with the need for fewer patient caregiver visits (for practitioner-administered drugs) have a positive, downward impact on overall healthcare costs. Currently approved sustained release injectables rely on a spectrum of branded formulation technologies to modulate the drug’s release profile post-injection. Typically off-patent or generic drugs, they include drug therapies for almost a dozen major therapeutic segments, including neurological conditions, metabolic diseases, oncology, pain management and reproductive health. As the incidence and prevalence of chronic illnesses increases with the aging population, the attraction and interest in sustained release injectables to 2022 will increase.
Sustained Release Injectables Report (SRJ733K) Order Form (Download PDF)
Sustained Release Injectables – What You Will Learn
• What are the marketed sustained release injectable drug products, what sustained release formulation technologies are used, and who markets them?
• What are the major factors driving sustained release injectable drug demand?
• What sustained release injectable drug candidates are in late-stage clinical development and what is their potential impact?
• How important are drug developer-formulation technologist relationships in the sustained release market segment, and what are the key alliances in the industry?
• What are the essential formulation factors, delivery device selection issues, related technology factors and market development issues for sustained release injectable drug products?
• In what therapeutic market segments do sustained release injectables compete? What is their market share today? What will it be in 2022? What is their expected growth rate?
• What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the market for sustained release injectables?
Sustained Release Injectables – Summary of Contents
Injectable Drug Market Dynamics
The Trend toward Self-Administration
Injectable Drug Formulation Technology
Innovation in Injectable Device Designs
Therapeutic Demand Drivers
Sustained Release – Branded Formulation Technologies
Branded SR Formulation Technologies
Physical Process Control Methods
Sustained Release Injectables – Development Factors
SR Injectables – Product Analysis & Market Sector Forecasts
Development-stage SR Injectables
Sustained Release Injectables – Company Profiles