In recent years, the number of biological drugs in development and reaching the marketplace has increased significantly. The clinical application of these drugs is sometimes limited by a lack of desirable attributes for adequate absorption or distribution. So it’s critical to formulate these drugs into safe, stable and efficacious delivery systems. Because these drugs face formidable enzymatic and penetration barriers when administered orally, peptide and protein drugs continue to be developed almost exclusively for parenteral administration. The growth of biological drug products is having a significant effect on the way drugs and devices are developed. Cooperation between device designers and drug developers is occurring much earlier in the drug development cycle, allowing device designs in many cases to be tailored to the bioavailability targets and pharmacokinetic profiles of specific drug therapies. Therapeutic Biological Drugs to 2020 is a comprehensive analysis of these factors and market segments.
Biological Drugs to 2020 Report Brochure (download PDF)
Biological Drugs to 2020 Report Order Form (Download PDF)
What You Will Learn
• What are the currently approved biological drugs; their dosing, host system, indication(s); what is their as-supplied configuration?
• What are the key market segments for biological drugs; what are the market dynamics and market demographics?
• What are the therapeutic demand drivers and commercial devices in key product segments?
• What are the supply chain dynamics, technologies and market development issues?
• How big is the market? How is it growing? What will it look like in 2020?
• Who are the leading biological drug suppliers, their product development activities, business strategies, and corporate alliances and affiliations?
• What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the market for biological drugs?
Summary of Contents
Biological Therapeutics Market Dynamics
The Biological Therapeutics Market Space
Clinical Trials and Drug Approvals
The Competitive Landscape
Demographics, Managed Care and Growth
Risks and Opportunities
Biological Drugs – Formulation Factors
Half‐Life & Therapeutic Protocols
Biological Formulation Technologies
Sustained Release Formulations
Biological Drugs: Complete Product Profiles and Analysis
Other Protein Therapy Classes
Biological Drug Therapeutic Markets – Market Data and Forecasts