Microneedle technology is attaining commercial viability at a time when drug developers are faced with new challenges as they assess ways to administer new classes of compounds with significant therapeutic potential. The widespread availability of rapid throughput screening is accelerating the discovery of new drugs, a significant number of which are large-molecule therapeutic compounds that cannot tolerate passage through the digestive system, requiring pharmaceutical companies to forego oral formulations and select alternate routes of administration. Microneedle technology has the potential address the growing trend toward self-administration by allowing the precise placement of therapeutic agents at prescribed locations below the skin. To succeed, developers must refine the techniques for large-scale manufacturing and advance the design integration of microneedles into commercially viable drug delivery systems.
Microneedle Drug Delivery Report Brochure (Download PDF)
Microneedle Drug Delivery Report Order Form (Download PDF)
Microneedle Drug Delivery Systems to 2020 – What Your Will Learn
• What approved drug products are currently supplied in microneedle devices and systems, what are the device specifics, and who markets them?
• Who are the branded microneedle drug delivery device and system suppliers, their manufacturing infrastructure and locations, their capabilities?
• What are the major factors that are influencing demand for microneedle drug delivery?
• How important are drug developer-device manufacturer relationships and what are the key alliances in the industry?
• What are the essential design factors, material selection issues, technologies and market development issues for microneedle drug delivery products?
• What are the important therapeutic markets for microneedle delivery products and what is their market share now? What will it be in 2020?
• What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the market for prefilled syringes?
Microneedle Drug Delivery Systems to 2020 – Summary of Contents
Microneedle Design & Technology
Microneedle Product Categories
Microneedle Arrays & Array Geometries
Material Selection Issues
Emerging Fabrication Methods
Microneedle Drug Delivery – Market Factors
Drug Delivery & Self-Administration
Chronic Conditions & Dosing Frequency
Patient Safety and Compliance
Shifting Patient Demographics
Vaccine Dose Sparing
Managed Care Initiatives
Government Technology Transfer Programs
Microneedle Drug Delivery Assessments
Near-Terms Markets – Sector Assessments and Forecasts