Transdermal gel systems for delivering systemic therapeutics are attractive to drug developers and formulators because they address some of the shortcomings associated with transdermal patch products. Advances in the areas of excipients, drug solubility and transdermal dosing are attracting new players and investors. We expect this market to experience healthy growth through 2009 as gel technology is applied to existing drugs and as gel formulations become a route of choice for the administration of new NCEs. Growth in this sector will also be driven by the pressure to extend market protection for numerous drugs with soon-to-expire patents, as well as Rx-to-OTC switching.
Transdermal Prescription Gels Report Brochure (Download PDF)
Transdermal Prescription Gels Report Order Form (Download PDF)
• What transdermal prescription gels are currently marketed or in development, who are the suppliers, and what are the product specifics?
• What are the therapeutic markets being targeted by transdermal gels?
• What are the essential formulation factors, technologies and market development issues facing transdermal prescription gel products?
• What are the major factors that will drive transdermal gel demand?
• What is the addressable market for transdermal prescription gels?
• What is the expected impact of transdermal gels on drug delivery markets?
• Who are the significant players in this segment? What are their strategies? Who are their alliance partners?
Transdermal Prescription Gels – Summary of Contents
The Market Opportunity
Transdermal Delivery Market Dynamics
Transdermal Gel Segment Drivers
The Trend toward Self-Administration
Innovation in Formulations and Packaging
Therapeutic Demand Drivers
Transdermal Gel Performance Factors
Dosing & Rate Factors
Transdermal Gel Enabling Technologies
Proprietary Formulation Platforms
The Role of Contract Formulators
Transdermal Gels – Indications & Markets
Approved Transdermal Prescription Gels
Development-stage Transdermal Gels
Patient Compliance and Ease of Use