Catalog No. (HVJ308K) • US$3,850 • September 2023
Greystone Research Associates is pleased to announce the publication of a new market assessment. Handheld devices high viscosity injectables is a comprehensive evaluation and analysis of the technology, products and participants providing the driving force behind this evolving segment of the healthcare sector. The study is designed to provide drug company decision makers, drug delivery developers, device designers, healthcare marketers, and supply chain participants with a detailed understanding of the economics, technologies, opportunities for handheld injection devices that are capable of injecting drugs with high viscosities. Provider organization business managers, healthcare administrators and investors will also benefit from this study.
Evolving Engineered Solutions
Growth in high viscosity drugs is being driven by advances in biotechnology and host-vector engineering – advances that have led to a steady stream of biologics for a number of ailments and conditions. These powerful drugs come with a high cost-per-dose and the risk of significant side effects – factors that place an elevated emphasis on administration efficiency, safety and reliability. Many drugs in this class are characterized by physical properties and sensitivities that challenge the drug commercialization ecosystem. For example, monoclonal antibodies, perhaps the most significant category in terms of therapeutic and commercial importance, typically possess viscosities that are well above the normal limits of subcutaneous injection devices and techniques. Without a technical solution, these high viscosity drugs are formulated and supplied for infusion, a trend that threatens to put additional pressure on patient logistics and healthcare economics. Drug developers and device designers are increasingly working in collaboration to address the goal of subcutaneous administration of high viscosity injectables.
Numerous graphs, charts, tables and visualizations complement the analysis
Forecasts, projections of future market activity are derived using standard modeling and statistical techniques.
What You Will Learn
• What are the handheld device classes and individual devices that can inject high viscosity drugs; what are the key market segments, market dynamics and market demographics?
• What are the therapeutic demand drivers and commercial devices in key product segments?
• What are the design factors, material selection issues, technologies and market development issues?
• How big is the market? How is it growing?
• Who are the leading injectable drug and device participants in this sector, what are their product development activities, business strategies, and corporate alliances and affiliations?
• What is the importance of pharma-device alliances and design partnerships for high viscosity device commercialization and market access?
• What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the market for high viscosity injection devices?
Table of Contents – Handheld Devices for High Viscosity Injectables
Biological Drugs Approved for Infusion
Cyclic Olefin Prefillable Syringes
Dosing and Patient Adherence
Drug Storage Requirements
Formulation-related High Viscosity
High Viscosity Devices
Injection Site Modification
Legacy Drugs: IV-to-Subcutaneous Migration
Liquified Gas Assisted Delivery
Specialty Glass Syringes
Specialty Platform Injectors
Sustained Release Injectables
The Economics of Drug Delivery
The High Viscosity Drug Market
The Market Opportunity
Ease of Use
Market Participant Profiles